Things to Do in Empire, Mi
- Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore in Empire, Mi . There are over 100 miles of hiking trails and many of them can be skied or snowshoed in the winter.
- Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail provides over 20 miles of paved trail for family and friends to ride bikes, walk, or ski. This trail is well groomed for cross-country skiing in the winter.
- Explore the many winery's and unique towns on the Leelanau peninsula.
- Many watersport activities including paddle boarding, kayaking, tubing, swimming in Lake Michicagan and many inland lakes.
- Outdoorsman dream with charter fishing and hunting on the National Lakeshore. Salmon run begins in September.
- Clothing shops and artist boutiques in the Empire/Glen Arbor area.
- Fun family restaurants in the area with live entertainment in the summer.
- Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive which is a 7.4 mile self guided tour of the dunes.
- Visit Philip A. Hart Visitor Center in Empire, MI. It's located across the street from Empire Lakeshore Inn and you can purchase your National Park Pass there. They also offer guided ranger hikes and much more!
- Walk down to the Empire Beach were you'll find 2 play grounds, volleyball nets, basket ball courts, pavilion, charcoal grills, fire pits, public restrooms and the most beautiful beach in America, possibly the world!
That's not all! There's plenty more for you to see and discover!